Hill Country Family Services’ Financial Assistance Program is designed to provide emergency funding for families and individuals who are facing crisis. HCFS endeavors to stabilize low income individuals and families through the provision of temporary financial assistance.
Office Hours (By Appointment Only)
HCFS Campus: 118 W. Advogt
Tuesday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Gaddis United Methodist Church: 141 US Highway 87
Thursday 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Call (830) 249-8653 to schedule an appointment.
Clients requesting emergency financial assistance must be experiencing an emergency or crisis and meet income eligibility criteria. However, no documentation is required to receive food from the Food Pantry. Eligibility is based on total gross household income according to USDA guidelines. Please note that services are contingent on the availability of dollars and/or goods. Eligibility criteria for each program or service may change from time to time depending upon grant requirements, availability of funds, or changes in agency policies and procedures.
Clients must provide copies of the following documents for eligibility determination:
- Proof of income — social security, last 2 pay stubs for everyone in the household
- ID and proof of Kendall County residency
- Receipts for mortgage payments, rent and/or lease agreements
- Most recent telephone, electricity, gas or water bills, bills for medical services, prescriptions or insurance premiums
- Proof of resources, e.g., checking and saving accounts statements or passbooks, child support payments, life insurance policies or tax statements for real estate